This experiential learning program has been designed by Paragon One in collaboration with Beats by Dr. Dre to offer talented students an opportunity to develop and showcase their creative problem solving and critical thinking skills by working on real work projects. This program is a collaboration with the Consumer Insights division at Beats. This division represents the voice of the consumers so that Beats can leverage their perspective to make informed decisions. The three focus areas of this division are around identifying opportunities, optimizing, and monitoring performance. Consumer Insights is a cross-functional division supporting the marketing, product, and channel teams globally throughout the business. During the program, you will conduct a brand sentiment analysis to evaluate sentiment towards the brand and its communications.
Through this externship, you will have the opportunity to work on real organizational challenges by providing actionable insights and proposing thoughtful strategic solutions. You will conduct primary research and detailed analysis of the consumer sentiment around the Beats by Dr. Dre brand and how GenZ audiences perceive the marketing campaigns and branding. You will recruit GenZ participants and use various data collection methods like surveys and interviews to determine social media strategy effectiveness, advertising effectiveness, and collect insights regarding different headphone brands. Through your research and analysis, you will provide Beats team members an independent lens on GenZ preferences and perceived value about different marketing channels/campaigns. The work will help the Consumer Insights division better understand GenZ trends and, therefore, design better communication strategies. During this externship, you will:
- Get familiarized with Beats by Dr. Dre's vision, mission, and brand philosophy.
- Learn about the terms and concepts in branding and marketing
- Research and identify macro consumer trends among GenZ
- Learn and practice using various methods of data collection like surveys, interviews, etc.
- Conduct a brand and communication sentiment analysis
- Analyze Beats brand positioning and compare it to competitors
- Use data analytics tools to discover insights about the company and its competitors to support the business strategy.
- Learn to organize, analyze, and visualize data using tools like Excel, Tableau, SQL
- Create and deliver a compelling presentation showcasing insights on how Beats can connect meaningfully with GenZ.
- Ambitious undergraduate and graduate students with a strong interest in consumer marketing and branding. This program is perfect for students interested in learning about branding strategy, marketing, and consumer insights functions and how to collect data, analyze it and generate insights to help a well-known consumer brand position itself in the marketplace.