In this externship program, students will learn strategic consulting skills to analyze and evaluate challenges from non-profit organizations using consulting frameworks, in an overall effort to help them solve their important problems. Selected individuals will be paired with a specific non-profit organization and dive into their strategic problems, such as development, impact assessment, process improvements, talent engagement, communication, and strategic positioning. Throughout this externship program, professionals from PwC (PricewaterhouseCoopers) will provide mentorship and coaching.
- Learn about the strategy consulting process and how to help create value for a non-profit client based on their vision and mission
- Research and develop an understanding of a given field
- Analyze complex problems ranging from fundraising and development, stakeholder management, impact measurement, as well as use consulting frameworks to help identify problem areas and propose solutions
- Learn to gather, analyze, and visualize data to inform problem areas and possible solutions
- Create and deliver a compelling presentation to a non-profit client that incorporates valuable insights, trends, and recommendations
- Ambitious undergraduate students with an interest in consulting, strategy, and non-profits. This program is for students who would like to understand the consulting profession while generating ideas to help impact non-profit organizations.
This program will focus on Colton Alexander, a steward-owned investment company forging meaningful relationships to connect sustainably-minded entrepreneurs with impact-focused investors. During the program, externs will conduct a detailed analysis of the business, financial, and marketing models of companies from across the globe attempting to provide solutions that align with Colton Alexander’s investment thesis and proactively or reactively combat climate change.
As an extern, you will assist Colton Alexander in determining how real companies are working on providing solutions to climate change on a commercial scale. You would be identifying such companies and follow a due diligence process to present a detailed analysis on those companies.
During this externship you will:
- Familiarize yourself with the vision, mission, and work of Colton Alexander and basic concepts in the sustainability space
- Find companies that meet Colton Alexander’s criteria whose missions respond to preventing or reducing the impacts of climate change
- Conduct detailed deep dives into their business, financial, and marketing models
- Create informed predictions about the commercial viability and scalability of those companies
- Create and deliver a compelling presentation about two of the most promising companies from your research to Colton Alexander
We are seeking ambitious undergraduate and graduate students with a strong interest in asset management, investment banking, venture capital, entrepreneurship, sustainability, and consulting. Students with backgrounds in finance, business, and engineering are highly encouraged to apply.
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
- A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic