This experiential learning program has been designed by Paragon One in collaboration with Credera to offer talented students an opportunity to develop and showcase their creative problem solving and critical thinking skills by working on real work projects.
This program will be conducted under the supervision of the DE&I team. Credera views DE&I through the lens of its core values of Integrity, Tenacity, Humility, Excellence and People First; with the understanding that honoring differences while maintaining shared values is how extraordinary culture will be unlocked. Credera believes that creating an inclusive environment, where each Crederians’ differences are celebrated, results in an engaged, innovative, and empowered team - one that better represents and serves clients and surrounding communities.
As Credera is a global boutique that has geographic coverage in markets around the world, the Credera DE&I team team solves for the following—how Credera can develop a leading global DE&I Strategy that is reflective of their core values (humility, excellence, integrity, tenacity, people first).
Through this externship, students will have the opportunity to work on real organizational challenges by providing actionable insights and proposing thoughtful strategic solutions. Externs will assist in creating Credera’s Cultural Competency & Global Best Practices Guide by researching the customs, laws, beliefs, and workplace practices of a given region.
The Credera DE&I team needs help creating a Cultural Competency & Global Best Practices Guides to help develop cultural knowledge and facilitate these necessary skills across team members and leadership. A well-rounded guide will provide education on local cultures and help understand laws/customs/beliefs etc. to help team members build trust and effective working intercultural relationships
Students will build a library of guides for each country where Credera operates to understand how to build strong working relationships with team members in these countries. The students will be assigned 1-2 countries and asked to carry out research, collecting data and researching workplace relevant practices as follows:
- DE&I and Local work-related policies and/or trainings
- Laws, local customs, beliefs, holidays and traditions
- Description of the general population, demographics, economic and political landscape
- Common culture interactions, communication style and approach to conflict resolution
- Preferred method to giving and receiving feedback
- Common working style or approach to work, workforce issues
- Identify populations considered to be underrepresented or marginalized
- Unique considerations (or potential challenges) for US based companies operating in said country
- Include information that may be relevant and application (ex. If political / economic scope is relevant)
- Take into consideration the differences within the country (city/culture specific)
This project will help Credera build its DE&I Global strategy.
- Get familiarized with the vision, mission, and work of Credera and the DE&I team.
- Learn about cultural competency by reading reports, whitepapers, and other available online resources
- Conduct research of various aspects of cultural competence of an assigned country or region, including, but not limited to, demographic, cultural, and social landscape, meeting and workplace etiquette, customs, laws, policies, etc.
- Learn to collect, organize, and analyze visualize data
- Create and deliver a compelling presentation showcasing insights from research that tie back to Credera’s DEI and business goals
- Contribute to the creation of Cultural Competency & Global Best Practices Guides
We are seeking ambitious undergraduate and graduate students with a strong interest in Experience Design, Consulting, Human Resources, Sociology, Cultural Anthropology, or Data and Analytics. This program is perfect for students interested in learning about consulting, human resources strategy, and experience design functions; collecting data, analyzing it, and generating insights to help a company position itself to build a global DE&I strategy.
We believe that Business, Sociology, Human Resources, and other Research-focused majors are the best fit for this program, but it is open to all majors.