The Home Depot’s store operations finance team is seeking innovative strategies to continue delivering top-notch customer service while decreasing operational costs. This team is instrumental in providing finance support for store operations, helping drive sales and manage expenses for our 2,000 stores in the U.S. With Home Depot’s strategic pillar being the lowest cost provider in the market, it is crucial to identify opportunities for cost reduction in key areas without compromising our service quality.
For this program, we invite students to partner with us to explore cost-saving innovations and initiatives that Home Depot could potentially implement. Focusing on areas such as hourly labor efficiency, theft prevention, and energy/utilities, students will get the chance to research the retail environment, delve into what other retailers are doing, and propose fresh ideas that could make a significant impact on our operations.
During this program, you will:
- Familiarize yourself with The Home Depot's operational structure and financial management.
- Conduct extensive research into the current retail environment, focusing on how stores operate, and what innovative cost-saving measures other retailers employ.
- Explore specific areas such as labor efficiency, theft prevention, energy utilities, and building maintenance.
- Develop a cost-saving initiative that could be implemented at The Home Depot, considering its impact on store associates, customers, and potential financial opportunities.
- Create and deliver a compelling presentation showcasing outlining your proposed initiative, its potential savings opportunity, and any associated risks.
We are seeking ambitious students who are interested in finance, operations, strategic planning, and retail management. The strongest applicants will have demonstrated interest in business strategy, cost management, retail operations and a knack for innovative thinking.
Students studying business, finance, operations research, supply chain, and related fields are the best fit for this program, but it is open to all majors.